Salad fanatics rejoice because right here, right now, we have the chopped chicken salad of all chopped chicken salads. Grab a plate – and a hefty appetite – and get ready to toss yourself in salad joy!
Now before we move any further let’s back up a second and think about things for a moment. Do you remember earlier this week when I showed you this awesome salad dressing? “This” being a creamy // spicy // slightly sweet // slightly savoury // utterly delicious Thai green curry salad dressing; oozing with all the flavours of garlic, ginger, cilantro, coriander, turmeric, green chillies, palm sugar, lime juice and coconut milk?
How could you forget that salad dressing? If you’ve made it you now know that all other salad dressings are going to sound, look and taste dull in comparison, right? And if you haven’t made it yet you’re wondering why it has taken so long to make such salad dressing awesomeness and can’t wait until it comes up to the top of your “to-make” list.
Well look, the excuses can’t last any longer foodie friends because I have THE PERFECT salad for you to give that salad dressing a test drive with.
In retrospect I should have been a little more creative with the name and I think “Thai Rainbow Salad” would have been a family suitable working title because, look at all these colours we have here: RED bell pepper, YELLOW bell pepper, PURPLE cabbage, ORANGE carrot, and the GREEN of cilantro and a selection of random salad leaves; all toped with shredded chicken (I must mention that if you have the time, energy and enthusiasm, this is also a perfect excuse to use my Red Thai curry pulled chicken recipe – but regular roasted and shredded chicken will work just as well!) and crushed cashews (or peanuts, what ever takes your fancy)
And then the magic happens. We drizzle // pour // douse // drown the entire thing in Thai green curry salad dressing before tossing it all together in simple, but delicious, Thai salad greatness.
The Thai chopped chicken salad love is so real right now!
OK, to sum up, here are the reasons why I (and soon to be you) love this Chopped chicken salad so much:
- It’s easy. Well (duh!) shouldn’t’ all salads be like that? Because, really, if I see a salad recipe that is nothing more than “chop ingredients, throw into bowl, douse in dressing, serve” then I’m probably going to be a little bit wary of it, right? Nothing fiddly, or complicated here. Just chop the ingredients, combine and serve. Simples.
- It’s full of veggie goodness: just like I mentioned before I think the better name for this salad would have been “Thai Rainbow chopped salad” because it is just fill of beautiful veggie colours. And with loads of colour we know there is lots of veggie nutritional goodness. Delicious + Healthy = foodie goals achieved.
- Thai Green curry dressing: it may be quite apparent about how much I love this dressing but this really is the coconut & chilli infused icing on this salad cake
Chopped Chicken Salad with Thai Green Curry Dressing
Prep Time: 20 mins || Serves: 4 – 6
- 1 Red Bell pepper – thinly sliced
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper – thinly sliced
- 2 large carrots, grated // spiralized // julienne
- 130g purple/ red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch of cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 cup salad leaves (lettuce // rocket // spinach, your choice)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 50g cashew nuts, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup Thai green curry salad dressing.
- Combine all the ingredients except the dressing in a large bowl. Just before serving, pour over the salad dressing and toss well to combine