Well hello there! And welcome to Thyme to Mango’s very first Snacks on Saturday, a place for simple weekend snack ideas that will be (mostly) quick and (mostly) easy. And to start things off with a chilli-powered bang, we have this harissa and sun-dried tomato hummus 👍
So I’m not going to hold you up with a long essay length post about how good this recipe is, how this recipe comes together, or how I came up with it, etc…
Instead I’m just going to say this: Ever feel like hummus that has a little chilli kick to it? Well, this is the answer. Not only does it have the smooth chickpea and tahini flavour we all know and love about hummus, it packs a little chilli kick to the tastebuds too with the addition of the spicy North African condiment, Harissa.
Just grab all the ingredients, throw them into a blender, and blitz until a thick dip-like consistency is reached. Simple, huh?
Have a great weekend everyone!
Harissa & Sun-Dried Tomato Hummus
Its time to blend the classic Middle Eastern dip with the North African condiment to create a hummus that offers a spicy kick to your tastebuds
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 1 to 1.5 cups (depending on desired consistency
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern (ish)
- 250g cooked chickpeas
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp to 1/2 tbsp harissa (see note)
- 100g sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup ice cold water
- Place all the ingredients into a food processor or blender and process until a thick, dip-like consistency is reached, adding a little more water if necessary.
- The amount of harissa you use depends on your tolerance/ like of chilli, and the brand of harissa you use (or make at home). Start with the lowest amount and do a taste test before adding more.
- This hummus can be stored in the fridge for up to a week.